Are you confused about how to clean your handmade rustic furniture? Or how to make sure that it has a long and happy life? Well, then you have arrived at the right place! Dusting versus cleaning and wax versus polish has been a dilemma for furniture owners since long, but now you need not worry as we are listing the 5 best ways to take care of it!
1. The first step to long-lasting furniture is to ask about the specifications at the time of buying. Certain finishes and polishes come with specific details about cleaning and maintaining of the furniture.
Suppose you own a Handmade Agate Grey Oil Twist Stool and this is how you should clean it:
- The best way to clean the rustic wood furniture is to take a soft, microfiber cloth and run over the wood surface to remove the dust. Moreover, you can vacuum the wood with a soft brush attachment.
- To remove the hard dirt or strains, take 1 gallon of warm water, add 1 teaspoon of mild liquid soap. Now dip the cloth and wipe over the wood.
- Dry the wood thoroughly with a towel.
Things You Will Need:
- Microfiber cloth or vacuum
- Mild liquid soap
- Cloth or sponge
#ProTip:Remove stains from unfinished wood with mineral spirits on a soft cloth.
Warning: Do not soak the wood with water.
2. Never skip a cleaning day. Dusting your furniture regularly with a clean cloth is important to get rid of airborne deposits. Moreover, dust can form a flimsy layer which can scratch the surface if left undusted. Make sure to use a damp cloth to not only remove the dust, but also make sure it is caught to prevent resetting.
Do you know what Farmhouse Decor is? Most likely you have many of them! Farmhouse Kitchen Accessories are available in every kitchen; they are basically the utensils that function as decor. Farmhouse style is the décor just like a peaceful day spent rocking on a front porch swing. It's a blend of antique flair and [...]
If you are an interior designer, you need to dwell the best-fit furniture for each job. And, that's not always easy if you have to choose from what's accessible pre-made. You may discover something that is the correct style, yet it's the wrong shading. Or then again, you will find a table produced using the [...]
Decorating your home is not only fun but also very exciting. However, it is often a challenging duty as we don’t even know how and where to begin. But it should be mastered that home décor is not only for expert interior designers. With regards to designing one's own home, we usually forget to keep [...]
Outdoor Furniture adds another dimension to a landscape and gives it year-round appeal. Here are 4 takeaway lessons from one beautifully decorated green space: 1. Red Loft Indoor/Outdoor 6 Piece Drum Seating Group Plus: Add some green furniture to your life. These are recycled and re-purposed using steel drums into striking designs. You will love [...]
Are you thinking to refurbish your home? What about redecorating your home with Homemade Decorations? By just adding some unique and antique handmade decorative items you can beautify your home in no time. All you need to do is take some "inspiration" from Zallzo.com, and you can add elegance to your home. Take a peek at [...]
Do you know how Mason Jars can uplift Your Kitchen Decor? Read on to find out how! In this article, we have some new, interesting and innovating ideas that you will not believe. No kitchen would be complete without a heavy dose of mason jars! Come fall in love with mason jars and boost your Kitchen [...]