Your Furniture Says Thank You: 5 Ways To Care For Handmade Rustic Furniture!
Are you confused about how to clean your handmade rustic furniture? Or how to make sure that it has a long and happy life? Well, then you have arrived at the right place! Dusting versus cleaning and wax versus polish has been a dilemma for furniture owners since long, but now you need not worry as we are listing the 5 best ways to take care of it!
1. The first step to long-lasting furniture is to ask about the specifications at the time of buying. Certain finishes and polishes come with specific details about cleaning and maintaining of the furniture.
Suppose you own a Handmade Agate Grey Oil Twist Stool and this is how you should clean it:
- The best way to clean the rustic wood furniture is to take a soft, microfiber cloth and run over the wood surface to remove the dust. Moreover, you can vacuum the wood with a soft brush attachment.
- To remove the hard dirt or strains, take 1 gallon of warm water, add 1 teaspoon of mild liquid soap. Now dip the cloth and wipe over the wood.
- Dry the wood thoroughly with a towel.
Things You Will Need:
- Microfiber cloth or vacuum
- Mild liquid soap
- Cloth or sponge
#ProTip:Remove stains from unfinished wood with mineral spirits on a soft cloth.
Warning: Do not soak the wood with water.
2. Never skip a cleaning day. Dusting your furniture regularly with a clean cloth is important to get rid of airborne deposits. Moreover, dust can form a flimsy layer which can scratch the surface if left undusted. Make sure to use a damp cloth to not only remove the dust, but also make sure it is caught to prevent resetting.