0 item(s) - $0.00
You shopping cart is empty!
You will enjoy this practical native basket expertly woven by our indigenous villagers of Northern Ghana. This cottage industry dates back centuries.
• The baskets are woven of elephant grass that is indigenous to the area. They villagers depend on the income from this trade to support their families and educate their children.
• The basket is a workhorse in Ghanaian society for everyday chores. They are very sturdy and support a lot of weight.
• They do not stain and can be easily reshaped by submerging them in water (they dry very quickly as well).
• Versatile use - as picnic or shopping baskets, storing magazines, towels, or fruits. The leather wrapped handles feel comfortable in your hand. The handcrafted nature of this product will produce subtle variations adding to its unique qualities.
• Measurements may vary slightly. Dimensions - 16""L x 12"" wide. 18""H including handles. Colors may vary slightly.